Friday, January 11, 2013

a painting at my senior residence

a painting at my senior residence


I live at Westminster gardens, tallahassee, florida. a painting at my senior residence. they showed an exhibit of senior's paintings and there is an art studio here. This here lady, who painted this, has done remarkably well, considering she has had a stroke years ago!
[when you see senior's paintings, on display at the Senior Center, say; you should be aware many of these artists cannot see well, or hold the brush steadily anymore.]
---reminds me of that wonderful fig jam that I would buy at the church craft show, for years, each year. One year i noted that the now-elderly jam maker was in a wheel chair and his face spoke of "strokes". I bought a jar, when i returned home and opened it, i saw that he just placed the cooked figs into the jar and then he poured sauce over these whole figs, stems and all.
*that* was all that he could muster!!
*next* year he was not there!

No comments:

Post a Comment