Saturday, October 31, 2009

the incredible shrinking donut!

hi all.

Someone offered me a donut from their krispy Kreme box, today. I last had one about a year ago. I noticed right away that the donuts were smaller than last year's!

Those "tootsie rolls" individual candies? they each were, once, about an inch or so long. not any more! need a microscope to see one of them, now!

say!
I propose that for the last number of years that our "TRUE" inflation, economically speaking, has been about 30 to 40 percent a year!

--Cereal boxes that are now so thin that I do not know how they can stand up!

--tables and bookcases that *look* like a 3-D image of a bookcase or table: sawdust and urea glue plus a thin paper cover!

we are being Cheapened to death! the true cost of Real Things, now, are probably out of reach for most of us!
$8 candy bars. $400 bookcases. $15 for a dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts!
I suspect this is the Real Cost of these items, compared to about 1998!

An Idea for a doctor's dissertation: research our True Inflation rate, over the last 20+ years!!

freestone

No comments:

Post a Comment