Wednesday, March 25, 2009

movie, KNOWING, part two

hi all....

[quote]By Jeff on March 24, 2009 8:47 PM
Hi Roger,

I waited until I saw “Knowing” to both read and comment on this thread. Now that I have seen it, I have to say, I don’t understand the hatred this film has garnered from critics.

I loved it.
[/quote]

Again, I second this. One of the best movies that I have seen in quite a while.

I have a Guess as to why the critics did not like it. the same reason why many college professors, in my FSU 1960 days, at Tallahassee, seem to "overreact" to anything of Religion.

[I define a "redneck" as someone who has defined what "reality" is, and then not only cannot accept any one else's views, he gets really defensive and emotional when you bring to his attention that there could be more to reality than what this redneck thinks!]

Thus, just whisper the word "Esp" or "psychic" in a faculty lounge, at a major university and see and hear the rednecks EXPLODE!

I see it as basically, why the critics do not like it, as,


"there is Someone Up There who tries to me me *what to do*!


This Time of the 20th/21st century, to me, seems to be a Time of
"throwing out many many bathwaters that are dirty and needs to be pitched", but alas, there are babies that are tossed out too!

of *course* many sci-fi and fantasy movies are "inconsistent" in plot and executions: the overall fantasy plot must take first place and the shoe might not fit what "reality" is of! But then again, our so-called "reality", what we each and all define as "real", might be just as inconsistent to an "outside" observer!

----to the person who dreamed of the Stone!
To dream of this movie is incredible, must mean that this movie touched you deeply. I once had a dream where I saw a whole "list" of yellow stones. A "list" like of a name list, on a sheet of paper. In fact after each stone was a person's name and they were most of the close friends that I had, at the time. I interpreted this
dream as that each stone represented that person's soul.
[maybe each slightly different stone could infer the quality of the person that goes with the stone]
Is that huge stone the Christ?
[I am the Corner stone and ye all, in the temple, are the stones that make up the Church. {the Christ body of believers and saved souls}or{I am the Vine, ye all are the Branches thereof}

Too, as Sagan, and others have written of, there are supposed to be
something like 10 million planets in the Galaxy with civilizations and there are a thousand, or more, with a "super-civilization".
[Imagine a civilization that is 1,000,000 years more advanced than us, and without any "dark ages"! They would indeed be seen by us as "Gods"!]
Each of these planets would have their corresponding afterlife heavens too. The entities from these heavens could visit our heavens and maybe appear to us on earth.
We really know very little.

I intend to go see this movie again, soon.

freestone

No comments:

Post a Comment