Friday, April 15, 2005

---a letter written to a forum [elderscrolls.com] about a morrowind mod hosting site that is about to close due to the owner of it getting no help from fellow modders and over a dozen hate
vibe letters of criticisms!

*title*....."Why sites Go Down"!

[quote=Thexxxx,Apr 15 2005, 06:13 AM]
I'm very sad for TESmods, but not really surprised neither. It's always the same: people are always happy when new handy stuff appears, they are very grateful at start then they ask for more, but once they're asked for help, everyone flees and there's only anger back. TESmods is only the latest (and not the last) example.


hi all...
quote from tesmods.
Posted by: As..... - on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 07:14 PM
Everyone,Based o­n my recent comments about having issues in both affording to run this site, and it's demand o­n the server causing problems with all traffic into and out of it; I have received a few positive responses here and o­n the forum.(total of 8) For those of you who offered to help, I thank you. For the other 99% of the people that PM-ed me with negative comments (126) and occasionally threats.(13 more) Please take a bow for changing my opinion o­n this site. For the last several months, Zero and I have been trying to keep this site running, all while trying to keep it from becoming an issue for the paying customers o­n the server. As ......
quote.


well....

I have seen this with nearly every single site. ya know, I have seen the Harmonic of this in any newspost or thread post in these elder forums.

1....Someone makes a good statement, or asks a good question.

2...The first three replies give the good stuff.

3...A flamer arrives, or maybe just a critical comment.

4...Someone, or someones, make a comeback post or three, posts that sometimes are the very heart of the thread, one must get beyond that first bit of negativity to find them!

5...Then It Goes Down, the Apple begins To Rot! A flame war begins, followed by spam ads and posts that are filled with hate. Whether there are four more posts, or 400 more posts, the thread is dead.

I visited san Francisco in late 1967. The hippie area, haight ashbury, was now in its ninth month, already the teens were lying on the ground, all doped up, runaways from Iowa, who wanted to run FROM something, whereas the first hippies gathered there TO create
something. Reaching out FOR something, instead of reacting in anger AGAINST something!

thus I fear that every house is eventually for sale, we all die of
nursing home old age dependency, and the universe will die of old age, the sun burns into a clinker, and all site will soon have nothing but flamers and haters who, if they ever ever got thehome address of the Hoster, they would come visit and either burn the house down or KILL him!!

at the risk of babbling on too too much, I post my "retort"
to all of this somewhat cynical observation, that all apples will rot, that the good drives out the bad!

from my site of personal writings, please come read them!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freestonefiles/

----------------

How can I enjoy the rest of my short life after having an Earthchange Vision? What is the use of loving physical life, knowing that the endtimes/earthchanges may ruin it?!
[I once had a terrible vision that civilization would become ruined, in massive volcano/earthquakes!!]
someone asked me, yesterday, about my latest end time vision. She more or less says that " why go on living...Why enjoy life, knowing that bad times are ahead, and oblivion for us all" Spirit once gave to me an answer for that question!! I was living in upstate new York at the time. It was May, late may, and the springtime leaves were at their best...Gloriously may days, late in may, of soft blue skies and lush new leaves, everywhere. The air smelled so sweet and all the birds were chirping overtime, in song. But I had just had yet ANOTHER one of my end time visions...That very morning!! There was strong inference that very soon much of the earth's surface could become ruined for life! ----and I now, by early afternoon, had walked out into the countryside, from the 600 people town that I was living in. I wanted to get out and pray and meditate upon that dream...A dream that killed all hope, a dream that says all will die. How could I feel "good" about enjoying what could become ruined very soon? How could I even enjoy this spring loveliness that is now all about me, knowing that all of the plants could become dead from, say, volcanic ash and clouds?! So as I walked along this road, in the early springtime glory....At the warmest time of day...I asked this same question, in prayer, to Spirit, this lady asks me....."Why even go on living"?!! ---and Spirit gave me an answer! Probably a guide whispered it to me, as I heard the Inner Voice Speak! It said, more or less........ Yes, you had yet another dream of everything dying in the endtimes, Freestone. Dust and brown and dead wood and dead cities, everywhere. Oh how depressing! But look before you, Freestone! There you see spring in all its glory! And---you know that in only a very few months, winter will come and Frost everything Dead!! The winds will blow black clouds and the snow WILL fall, covering everything in still deathlike silence, at ten degrees above zero Fahrenheit. Winter WILL win, as it always does every fall, in upstate new York. But you enjoy the summer, Freestone, do you not---knowing that this winter to come, in only five month, will win out over the life of summer's warmth??!! [frost can come in September, in upstate NY!!]..... You know that all of it will die. But you also know that there will be another spring and summer, next year! There will always be a summer nine months ahead, every fall of the year. So enjoy this one...While it lasts... You are supposed to, being this earth is a classroom to use for to grow your Soul in! High school art class may only last an hour a day, five days a week: use it to learn Art in. Summer only lasts four months every year, enjoy it! And if the earth were to die? Why there will be yet another "earth" in spirit for you to enjoy, after you die...The heaven worlds of spirit! And this one will have an EVERLASTING summer.... So use the earthly "summer" to train you to see the Real Eternal Summer, in heaven, after you die! And after all, even if the earth has no endtimes that the prophets warn of...YOU will have your very own personal endtime, some day soon----!! Your death! Thus the REAL question, here, is..."How can I go on living, knowing that I will die, someday, and all of my life's work will be gone, and all my life's future hopes and dreams will then be for not?!!" we all, each of us, have our personal endtimes, our very personal rapture!! Some people will end time before the endtimes!! There. A good answer! So go out and enjoy your senior year in high school, the art classes; even knowing that very soon the Graduation will occur and you WILL move off to College, across the Great River, never never, to come back to sit in the homeroom of High school #4444!! ==========================================


I thank tesmods for being there, I enjoyed it while it lasted. Now it will be time to move on to the next apple tree. Even someday the Forums will be gone, bethsoft will be out of business, and morrowind will be a "eBay item" only, and even then you will have to slow slow your 2020 computer way WAY down, so that you can play this fossil of a game called "Morrowind"!!

Life is to enjoy on the sunny days, make hay on the sun shine days.
sites too.

Many a modder has left, the three kids and the career await. Life calls and there is not one second left for anything else.

Those people who "are part of the problem" the anger filled flamers, they will have their lives too, they might be not so nice lives, according to old soul reckonings, but lives none the less. Even jail or
never-ending family fights could be in the future, but still a life: better to to Evil, if you cannot do Good, as a "ho-hum, dull" life will
not have a sweet OR sour taste to it, get you not in hell OR heaven, only a grey void awaits!

so the Drama goes on, I thank tesmods for being there, during the sunshine of its Hours.

freestone