Thursday, May 02, 2002

that guy again!

once in a while at the church luncheon, i run into him when he Volenteers! his neck must be 10 inches thick...a massive guy who is "into" volenteering, and almost makes ya feel guilty for not doing as he does...lots of volenteer work!
ugh.
today he tells me "you must go use that branch library for your internet", in the tone of "you WILL use that branch library"!!
all of what he says anytime he says it has that tone. i always end up immediately taking the opposite stance from his position!

I was tempted to tell him this, to deflate his "one size fits all" mentality.
"ok, i will use it every day. did you say it was on 45,934 south farout ave?! yes, i need to go at one PM everyday for an hour:
i will stand by the bus station drop off and you will pick me up in your car and we ride down there and then at 2 you drive me back--- everday, mind you"

"huuh?", he will ask.

"yes, since you TELL me to go and it IS the very best branch library in the city and you feel that my going is SO important, YOU drive me there every day and bring me back
AS I DO NOT HAVE A CAR AND THE BUS DONT GO THERE!"

one size fits all, the soccer coach mentality! for ME, the downtown library is the very best....
this bulldozer of a guy says *everything* like that, i find. 99% in full volume, pushing this or that: the reality-set, of his lstener, does not count or be noticed.